This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Specialized Forensic Accounting Certificate.
Forensic accountants who calculate intellectual property damages need to identify and recognize the various remedies of these damages and the laws governing the remedies. Intellectual property comes with its own valuation complexities, and calculating the damages surrounding intellectual property can also be complex.
This course is narrated by an industry subject matter expert and includes practical scenario exercises. The two modules describe patents and other intellectual property, and the types of damages associated with this property type. Each module deep dives into the types of intellectual property, commonly used infringement damages and guidelines for these damages.
Enhanced On-Demand Format
This enhanced on-demand format offers meaningful and relevant content in the form of tables, charts, and discussion points on slides. An instructor who is an expert on the topical area breaks down complex topics, offers best practices, provides clarity, and shares insights that help the learner achieve the learning objectives for the course.
- Identify and understand the various remedies of damages associated with the infringement of copyrights and trademarks or the misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Recognize the laws governing each available remedy of damages.
- Identify the issues and pitfalls associated with the infringement of copyrights and trademarks or the misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Apply guidelines for calculating commonly used remedies of damages associated with each type of intellectual property.
- Distinguish patents from other types of intellectual property.
- Identify examples of patents.
- Identify the laws governing patents.
- Compare the various types of damages associated with patent infringements.
- Apply guidelines for calculating commonly used infringement damages associated with patents.
- Types of intellectual property
- Patents, copyrights, and trademarks
- Damages associated with patent infringement
- Royalties and licensing agreements
Foundational knowledge of forensic accounting
Non-Member Price $145.00
Member Price $115.00