This CPE course can be purchased individually or as part of the Specialized Forensic Accounting Certificate.
Financial statement fraud schemes can be perpetrated internally with a company or externally by customers, vendors, or other third parties. This niche area within forensic accounting can benefit all types of companies, as fraud is prevalent throughout business. Through narration by an industry subject matter expert and practical scenario exercises, this two-module CPE course identifies the steps of a financial statement fraud investigation and the internal controls needed in place to deter and prevent fraud.
Enhanced On-Demand Format
This enhanced on-demand format offers meaningful and relevant content in the form of tables, charts, and discussion points on slides. An instructor who is an expert on the topical area breaks down complex topics, offers best practices, provides clarity, and shares insights that help the learner achieve the learning objectives for the course.
- Identify the steps of a financial statement fraud investigation.
- Recall the role of internal controls in preventing and deterring fraud.
- Financial statement fraud and fraud engagements
- Role of internal controls in preventing fraud
- Asset misappropriation and corruption
Foundational knowledge of forensic accounting
- Identify the different types of financial statement fraud.
- Identify concepts related to and instances of asset misappropriation.
- Identify the common characteristics of fraudsters.
- Identify examples and key characteristics of certain types of financial statement fraud.
Non-Member Price $195.00
Member Price $155.00