The Outstanding Public Service Award honors members who have made a difference to the community through their commitment to public service. Recognizing these individuals serves to inspire and empower others to follow their example of giving back to the community.
The following characteristics and activities will be considered:
- Significant contribution to and impact on the community through service to charitable, civic, and/or governmental organizations.
- Diversity of service activities over an extended period of time.
- Level of leadership, innovation, initiative, and involvement.
Please note that only public service activities should be described. Professional service related to accounting organizations is not considered in determining the award winner and, therefore, should not be included.
All nominees must be MOCPA members. To nominate a candidate, please complete these steps:
- Complete the nomination form below. Demonstrate how the candidate’s experience and accomplishments align with each (or most) of the outlined award criteria—thus why he or she deserves to be honored for this award. Be thorough and give specific examples.
- Submit a résumé and/or bio, as well as 3-5 letters of testimonial. Testimonials may be solicited from people with whom the candidate works closely, such as his or her supervisor, a colleague, someone mentored by the candidate, a client, or someone who works with an associated charitable organization.
After submitting this form, please send a résumé and/or biography, and 3-5 letters of testimonial to email@example.com.
Please note: The MOCPA email system cannot accept zip files or files over 25MB. These messages will be rejected by the MOCPA server without sending a failure message. You will be sent an email confirming receipt of materials within one or two business days.
If these materials cannot be submitted electronically, mail or fax the information to:
Missouri Society of CPAs
540 Maryville Centre Drive, Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63141
Fax: (314) 997-2592