The Outstanding Educator Award honors the achievements of members who are full-time accounting educators distinguished for classroom excellence and for active involvement in the profession.
The following characteristics and activities will be considered:
- Dedication to lifelong learning and ongoing exploration of the latest profession issues.
- Involvement in curriculum development, as demonstrated by innovative teaching practices consistent with the broadening role of the CPA.
- Publication of recent research findings or concepts which had a profound impact on the efficiency and/or effectiveness of professional practice.
- Continued contributions to the CPA profession.
- Commitment to the effective development of incoming professionals, demonstrated by translating complex information into critical knowledge, anticipating and creating opportunities, and enabling students to shape their futures.
All nominees must be MOCPA members. To nominate a candidate, please complete these steps:
- Complete the nomination form below. Demonstrate how the candidate’s experience and accomplishments align with each (or most) of the outlined award criteria—thus why he or she deserves to be honored for this award. Be thorough and give specific examples.
- Submit a résumé and/or bio, as well as 3-5 letters of testimonial. Testimonials may be solicited from people with whom the candidate works closely, such as his or her supervisor, a colleague, someone mentored by the candidate, a client, or if applicable, someone who works with an associated charitable organization.
After submitting this form, please send a résumé and/or biography, and 3-5 letters of testimonial to email@example.com.
Please note: The MOCPA email system cannot accept zip files or files over 25MB. These messages will be rejected by the MOCPA server without sending a failure message. You will be sent an email confirming receipt of materials within one or two business days.
If these materials cannot be submitted electronically, mail or fax the information to:
Missouri Society of CPAs
540 Maryville Centre Drive, Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63141
Fax: (314) 997-2592