Registration is now open for the 51st annual MAAE (Missouri Association of Accounting Educators) Conference, which gets underway at 12 noon on Friday, November 5, at the Margaritaville Lake Resort (formerly Tan-Tar-A Resort) at the Lake of Ozarks.
Don't miss this power-packed 24 hours to discuss trending education practices, hear about current technology, network with your peers, and more!
Friday, November 5
- 12 - 1 p.m. - Registration and Lunch
- 1 - 1:10 p.m. - Welcome - Darla Honn, University of Central Missouri
- 1:10 - 1:35 p.m. - MOCPA Profession Update - Jim O'Hallaron, President and CEO of the Missouri Society of CPAs
- 1:35 - 2 p.m. - Update from the State Board of Accountancy
- 2 - 2:15 pm. - Break and Drawing
- 2:15 - 3:30 p.m. - Infusing Data Analytics in the Accounting Curriculum to Address CPAEvolution - Vernon J. Richardson, Distinguished Professor of Accounting and the W. Glezen Chair in the Sam M. Walton College of Business at the University of Arkansas
- 3:30 - 3:50 p.m. - Break and Drawing
- 3:50 - 5:30 p.m. - Accounting Educator Panel Discussions
- 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. - Reception
- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. - Dinner
- 7:30 - 8:00 p.m. - Business Meeting
Saturday, November 6
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. - Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 - 9:20 a.m. - Strategies for Integrating CMA and CPA Exam Preparations into Accounting Curriculum - Michael Brown, Senior National Instructor with Becker Professional Education
- 9:20 - 10:10 a.m. - The Effects of Collaborative Simulation on the Development of Students' Confidence in Managerial Accounting Skills - Joseph Ugrin, Deloitte Professor and Head of the Accounting Department at University of Northern Iowa
- 10:10 - 10:30 a.m. - Break and Drawing
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:20 p.m. - Data Analytics in the Accounting -Navigating Ethical Dilemmas - Dr. Eric Nelson, Professor of Management and Business Communications and Dr. Donald Wengler, Associate Professor of Accounting, both at the Harmon College of Business, University of Central Missouri
Please click here to view the speaker bios for this year's event.
SUBMISSIONS FOR 2021 POSTER SESSION
NEW THIS YEAR! MAAE is excited to offer a Poster Session to this conference. There is no cost to present, materials will be provided, and it will be peer-reviewed! Please click here to submit your Poster Session ideas. The deadline for submission is Sept. 1, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact Tracey Hartley at email@example.com!
MAAE SEEKS VOLUNTEERS FOR 2021 ACCOUNTING TRENDS PANEL
Click here to submit to be a panel discussant on an accounting topic/trend of your choice! Please allow 15-20 minutes for your presentation and audience participation. The panel discussion will be Nov. 5 from 3:50 - 5:30 p.m. The deadline for submission is Sept. 1, 2021. Please contact Sandy Byrd at SandraByrd@MissouriState.edu with any questions.
The conference cost of $110 includes MAAE annual dues, registration, and dinner. Registration fee of $45 is waived for first time faculty members. There is an additional $35 if you would like to bring a guest to dinner on Friday night. Earn up to 8 hours of CPE. To register, please click here.
For hotel reservations, there is a discounted rate of $124 a night plus tax for a regular room on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. To make your reservations call (800) 826-8272 or click here. Simply reference the code MAAE to receive your discounted rate. You also have the option of a discounted suite ($164 per night for a one bedroom; $240 per night for a two bedroom). To receive the discount on the suites, you must call Margaritaville; these room cannot be booked online. Please note: there is an additional resort fee of $10 per night. To receive the discounted room rate, you must make your reservations no later than Oct. 7.
For questions regarding registration or if you need additional information, please contact Liz Schaetzel at (314) 392-5834 or firstname.lastname@example.org.