The Educational Foundation of the Missouri Society of CPAs (MOCPA) is proud to announce a unique partnership program with Gleim Publications, Inc (Gleim). This program is intended to support CPA candidates in Missouri who otherwise would not have the means or opportunities to pursue becoming a CPA, with special consideration for supporting underserved and underrepresented CPA candidates.
Overview and Candidate Support
MOCPA believes in supporting every candidate’s goal to become a CPA. Selected candidates who meet the eligibility criteria listed below and are selected by the Educational Foundation Subcommittee will enter this program and receive the following benefits:
- Program orientation. A two hour live or online orientation provides overview, timeline, support and creates community among program participants and support teams. Participants will sit for their first/next section within four months of entering the program with the goal of completing all four sections within an 18-month timeline, with the understanding that each participant may have individual circumstances.
- Access to Gleim Premium CPA Review Online. MOCPA Educational foundation and Gleim will provide each participant with access to Gleim Premium CPA Review Online materials.
- Regular live or online community support meetings. Regular program support meetings will be facilitated by MOCPA and will cover non-technical topics such as CPA exam process overview, study strategies and tactics for success, setting and adjusting progress expectations, peer-idea sharing, and CPA exam change updates.
- Study sessions and technical workshops. MOCPA will coordinate group study sessions offering various dates and times throughout the duration of the program. MOCPA will also offer technical workshops in select locations. Attendance in as many group sessions and workshops is highly encouraged.
- Gleim personal counselors. Gleim will provide each participant with a personal counselor to help organize a study schedule and assist through the process of studying for the exam sections.
Eligibility Criteria and Selection
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements for eligibility, and will be selected based on these criteria and MOCPA Educational Foundation subcommittee review and approval:
- Be a resident of and attend a college or university in Missouri.
- Hold a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. (NOTE: a copy of college transcripts may be requested for candidates.)
- Be eligible to sit for the CPA exam pursuant to the requirements set forth by the Missouri State Board of Accountancy. For educational eligibility requirements please contact MOCPA or MOSBA for questions.
- Be a MOCPA member in good standing. (NOTE: MOCPA student membership is complimentary.)
- Submit an application form and a personal statement why they are deserving of the scholarship and will be dedicated to passing the CPA exam (see Candidate Application Form below).
- Request a personal recommendation be submitted for review (see Educator Recommendation Form below).
- Consent to release individual performance data for purposes of program progress tracking and reporting.
- Agree to attend a live or virtual program orientation prior to receiving access to Gleim Premium CPA Review Online.
Application Forms and Deadlines
The following electronic forms must be submitted by the application deadlines listed below:
Candidate Application Form
Educator Recommendation Form
There are 10 scholarship available per testing window below. Late applications will not be accepted for the next testing window. Scholarship recipients will be announced shortly after each application deadline.
- For Q3 2018 (Jul. 1 - Sept. 10), the application deadline is Fri., May 18 by 4 p.m.
- For Q4 2018 (Oct. 1 - Dec. 10), the application deadline is Fri., Aug. 17 by 4 p.m.
- For Q1 2019 (Jan. 1 - Mar. 10), the application deadline is Fri., Nov. 16 by 4 p.m.
- For Q2 2019 (Apr. 1 - Jun. 10), the application deadline is Fri., Mar. 2 by 4 p.m.
Applicants may submit a digital packet to Andrew Grow at email@example.com
, or mail one copy of a completed application package to:
Missouri Society of CPAs
ATTN: Educational Foundation Scholarship Committee
540 Maryville Centre Drive, Suite 200
St. Louis, MO 63141
For any questions or additional information, please contact Andrew Grow at (800) 264-7966 or firstname.lastname@example.org.