Each year the MSCPA’s Educational Foundation awards approximately $40,000 in scholarships to students who are majoring in accounting at Missouri universities/colleges. Please encourage any aspiring CPAs you know to apply.
High school seniors are awarded $500, and college students earn $1,250 to use toward their accounting education. A minority scholarship is also offered, and recipients receive $1,250. The highest-rated college applicant is presented the Don Breimeier Memorial Scholarship, which is an additional $1,000.
Congratulations to the 2012-2013 scholarship winners! Please check back in the fall for details regarding the 2013-2014 scholarship program.
Applicants must be:
- MSCPA college or high school student members, which is free of charge and can be obtained online;
- Recommended by an educator or school administrator;
- Missouri residents and a U.S. citizen (or child of an MSCPA member);
- Enrolled in at least 12 course hours at a college/university in Missouri (high school seniors enrolled upon graduation); and
- Declared as an accounting major (or its equivalent).
Winners are selected based on a point system, rating their GPA, educator recommendation, and leadership potential (honors, awards and activities). In addition, ACT/SAT score is factored in for high school seniors.
If you have any questions, please contact Dena Hull at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 264-7966.