This class is an informative and highly engaging review of all personal financial planning (PFP) topics including tax, estate, retirement, investment, insurance/risk-management planning and the financial planning process, including the Statement on Standards in PFP Services. By illustrating concepts with real-life scenarios and practical guidance, the instructor will both improve your retention for the Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) credential exam and enable you to increase productivity and income back in your office. The course is based on the comprehensive outline of topics covered on the PFS credential exam, so participants will receive from a broad and systematic understanding of how these topics interact with one another.
Click here for detailed session descriptions.
Attendees will participate in a complete review of all topics that relate to personal financial planning, dispelling perceptions that it primarily deals with managing and selling investment and insurance products. This knowledge will help participants become more successful at assisting their clients to navigate personal financial decisions.
• Gift, estate, and generation skipping tax strategies and techniques
• The estate planning process and documents needed
• Retirement needs analysis, tax-deferred retirement options, and employee and government benefit programs
• Investment basics and concepts critical to client discussions
• Risk management concepts and the role various type of insurance play in the overall financial plan
• The integration of taxation of individuals and businesses with each of these major areas of financial planning
• The financial planning process and the CPA’s professional responsibilities and the Statement on Standards in PFP Services
• How to use the financial calculator to answer client questions
CPAs interested in passing the PFS exam and becoming a CPA/PFS credential holder.
CPAs with experience in tax planning and an interest in understanding how all of the areas of personal financial planning work together to meet their individual clients’ needs.
Basic knowledge of the areas of personal financial planning (PFP) including tax, estate, retirement, investments, and insurance planning will provide the best experience if preparing for the PFS exam.
Add to Cart
If the goal is simply an overview of PFP topics, then a basic understanding of one or more areas of PFP will suffice.
Please note there is an additional $100 discount for AICPA PFP/PFS members. Please call (800) 264-7966 and let the representative know that you are a member to receive the $895 rate.