Distribute information to members on federal, state, and local taxation; maintain liaison with the Internal Revenue Service, the Missouri Department of Revenue, and city and county tax officials; make recommendations for improving tax processes and structures, cooperating and exchanging ideas with other organizations; and aid in developing a fuller public understanding of the CPAs' competence in taxation.
- Maintain liaison with the Internal Revenue Service and the Missouri Department of Revenue.
- Inform members of changes in federal, Missouri, and other relevant states' tax laws and administrative rulings.
- Submit proposals for possible changes in federal tax laws, regulations, and tax system administration to the AICPA Tax Division, IRS, and legislative representatives, as appropriate.
- Submit proposals for possible changes in Missouri tax legislation, and provide feedback to MOCPA's Government Advocacy team, and Missouri's elected representative's, as appropriate.
- Monitor draft interpretations by the AICPA of Statements on Standards for Tax Services (SSTS) and proposed revisions to Circular 230, Practice Before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Consider ideas, methods, and concepts relative to managing a tax practice, and communicate those ideas to the membership.
- Provide articles for the taxation column of The ASSET.
- Provide input on relevant CPE topics to MOCPA's Professional Development Department.
Join a committee today
, and help advance your career, MOCPA and the profession!