Each year the MOCPA Educational Foundation awards approximately $40,000 in scholarships to students who are majoring in accounting at Missouri universities/colleges. Please encourage any aspiring CPAs you know to apply.
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 recipients! They will be honored this fall at the MOCPA Awards Celebrations. Scholarship applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be posted here in September.
High school seniors are awarded $500, and college students earn $1,250 to use toward their accounting education. A minority scholarship is also offered, and recipients receive $1,250.
Applicants must be:
- MOCPA college or high school student members, which is free of charge and can be obtained online;
- Recommended by an educator or school administrator;
- Missouri residents and a U.S. citizen (or child of an MOCPA member);
- Enrolled in a college/university in Missouri (high school seniors enrolled upon graduation, and community college students entering a four-year school); and
- Declared as an accounting major.
Winners are selected based on a point system, rating their GPA, educator recommendation, leadership potential (honors and activities), and essay. In addition, ACT/SAT score is factored in for high school seniors.
Past scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply but must submit an updated application, as well as a new essay and educator recommendation. Minority college students can submit applications for both the minority scholarship and the college scholarship (which require different essays), but each applicant is only eligible to win in one category.
If you have any questions, please contact Dena Hull at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 264-7966.