This year, the MOCPA Educational Foundation will be awarding approximately $25,000 in scholarships to students who are majoring in accounting at Missouri universities/colleges. Please encourage any aspiring CPAs you know to apply.
High school seniors are given $500 to use toward their accounting education. Recipients of the college scholarship and the minority scholarship are awarded $1,000.
Links Needed to Apply
Applicants must be:
- MOCPA college or high school student members, which is free of charge and can be obtained online;
- Recommended by an educator or school administrator;
- Missouri residents and a U.S. citizen (or child of a MOCPA member);
- Enrolled in a college/university in Missouri (high school seniors enrolled upon graduation, and community college students entering a four-year school); and
- Declared as an accounting major.
Winners are selected based on a point system, rating their GPA, educator recommendation, leadership potential (activities and honors), and essay. In addition, ACT/SAT score is factored in for high school seniors.
Past scholarship recipients are eligible to reapply but must submit an updated application, as well as a new essay and educator recommendation. Minority college students can submit applications for both the minority scholarship and the college scholarship (which require different essays), but each applicant is only eligible to win in one category.
Scholarship applications will be accepted through Friday, February 26, 2021.
The 2020-21 scholarship winners will be announced in April 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Dena Hull at email@example.com or (800) 264-7966.